The Trempealeau County 4-H Leaders’ Association holds monthly meetings as the purpose of the organization is to plan, implement, support and evaluate the Treampealeau County 4-H Program in accordance with the expectations of the Ag and Extension Committee of the Trempealeau County Board of Supervisors. Other goals and purposes of the board include:
- Provide the funds necessary to carry out the 4-H Program when funding is not otherwise available, primarily through the sale of food at the 4-H Food Stand and the sale of Trempealeau County plat books
- Establish policies and procedures as needed to most effectively implement and safeguard the 4-H Program
- Provide an opportunity for concerned adults to be involved in the development of County 4-H youth through the 4-H Program
- The board will work in close contact with the University of Wisconsin 4-H Youth Development Agent (Sarah Tanis)
2018-2019 Leader’s Board Meetings
Meetings take place in the Tremplo Room in the Trempealeau County Government Center, Whitehall, WI at 6 PM.
- Monday, September 24, 2018 – Annual Meeting
- Monday, October 22, 2018 – Trip and Award Interviews
- Monday, November 26, 2018
- Board does NOT meet in December
- Monday, January 28, 2019
- Monday, February 25, 2019
- Monday, March 25, 2019
- Monday, April 22, 2019
- Monday, May 27, 2019
- Monday, June 24, 2019
- Monday, July 22, 2019 (Meeting is held at the Trempealeau County Fairgrounds, time is TBD)
- Monday, August 26, 2019
The annual Trempealeau County 4-H Leader’s Association meeting may be the same night as the September business meeting, or scheduled at another time.
2018-2019 Current Board Officers
- President – Bob Braun
- Vice President – Valerie Erickson
- Secretary – Jill Johnson
- Treasurer (non-board position) – Jeanette Dooley
- Northern District Representatives – Can consist of 5 adult leaders and 1 youth representative from the following clubs: Whitehall Happy Hustlers, Lincoln Pioneers, Sunnyside, Hale and Hardy, Arcadia Hummingbirds, and Coulee Clovers.
- Charlie Everson – Sunnyside
- Isabelle Mooney – Youth representative from Arcadia Hummingbirds
- Currently still 4 adult leader positions STILL OPEN
- Southern District Representatives – Can consist of 5 adult leaders and 1 youth representative from the following clubs: Glasgow-Hardies Creek Busy Bees, Silver Creek Valley, Frenchville Cloverleaves, Ettrick Eagles, and Treampealeau Trusty Workers.
- Heidi Johnson – Glasgow-Hardies Creek Busy Bees
- Tyler Johnson – Youth Representative from Ettrick Eagles
- Currently still 4 adult leader positions STILL OPEN
- At-Large Leaders –
- Rosa Mooney, 4-H Ambassador Representative
- Currently still 1 leader positions STILL OPEN
Leader’s Board Meeting Minutes
- August 2018 Leaders Board Minutes
- May 2018 Leaders Board Minutes
- March 2018 Leaders Board Minutes
- February 2018 Leaders Board Minutes
- Trempealeau County 4-H Policy (Last Revised 9.26.2016)
- Leader’s Board Bylaws (Last Revised 8.27.2012)
Funding Request Information
The Trempealeau County 4-H Leaders Executive Board includes money in their budget to help defray some costs of 4-H educational trips or activities in which Trempealeau County 4-H members and leaders participate. The amount the Association is able to contribute in a given year depends on the success of fund raising efforts, the amounts spent in other budget areas, and the number of applicants and level of requests.
A “Funding Request Form” has been developed for use when an individual or group is requesting monetary support. Only 4-H Sponsored Events will be considered for reimbursement. Use of the form will provide a consistent, concise approach for obtaining information. Once the Committee engages in discussion relative to the request, the requester may be asked to leave the meeting and will be notified by phone or mail of the Committee’s decision.
The 4-H Leaders Executive Board will evaluate the request and the applicant is asked to follow the guidelines listed below. Currently, the Leaders Executive Board meets every month except December and July.
- The form should be completed and turned in to the Extension office prior to the Executive Board meeting and prior to
participation in the trip or activity.
- Please answer all questions completely so your request receives full attention.
- Individuals that receive over $100.00 for a single event are expected to make a live presentation/action center or visual display at one or
more of the following events: Performing Arts Festival, Clover College, County Fair and/or Summer Picnic.
- We would like individuals who receive funding for State Teams or major award trips to help encourage participation in these activities.
- Participants may be asked to present information about their experience following the trip or activity. The cost of events not specifically sponsored or co-sponsored by 4-H or the Trempealeau County 4-H Leaders Executive Board will not be reimbursed.
- A general club leader’s signature is required before sending in the request form to the extension office. If you should have questions about the form or the dates of the Executive Board meetings, please call the Extension office at 715-538-2311 x210.
For Reimbursement of Money:
- $30.00 and under ~ Completed “Funding Request Form” sent to the UW-Extension office 1 week prior to
Executive Board Meeting and optional in person request at the monthly Leaders Executive Board Meeting.
- $30.01 and above ~ Completed “Funding Request Form” sent to the UW-Extension office 1 week prior to
Executive Board Meeting and required personal appearance request at the monthly Leaders Executive
- A maximum of 50% will be considered for reimbursement of expenses incurred for youth.
- Trempealeau County Certified Chaperones’ expenses will be reimbursed upon completion of the form and if all other requirements have been met.
- All Reimbursement of expenses are at the discretion of the Executive Board
Funding Request Forms: