Here you can find all the information you need to sign up for a trip or award! There are lots of opportunities that you don’t want to miss out on! Please read below to learn how you can go on state, national, and international trip opportunities!
To encourage participation in these opportunities, the Trempealeau County Leader’s Board approved to offer applicants more media options to qualify for awards and trips.
In order to go on a trip or award you must complete the following application process:
- Complete the 2018 Trip and Award Application
- Complete ONE of the following media options to be considered for the trips and/or awards of your choice:
- Attend the October Leader’s Board meeting for trip interviews. You should come ready to answer questions about how you will be prepared for the trip, why you wish to attend the trip, what you hope to gain from the experience, and how you will share what you have learned when you return. The Leader’s Board meets on the 4th Monday of the month.
- Obtain one letter of reference from Club General Leader
Submit application, media form of choice, and letter of reference by October 18th (postmarked by this date if mailing) to the Extension Office. No late applications will be accepted after October 18th.
Personal interviews will be conducted at the October Leader’s Board Meeting in the Tremplo Room of the Trempealeau County Courthouse. Date and time to be determined. If you are not able to attend the October meeting, arrangements can be made for an alternative interview time. All interviews must be completed prior to the November Leader’s Board Meeting.
NOTE: All of these trips qualify for scholarships from the Trempealeau County Leaders Association up to and including 50% of basic enrollment costs. More information about funding requests can be found below:
Trips & Awards
- Key Award
- Space Camp in Huntsville, Alabama
- Wisconsin 4-H & Youth Conference in Madison, WI
- Leadership Washington Focus in Washington, DC
- Citizenship Washington Focus in Washington, DC
- National 4-H Conference in Washington, DC
- National 4-H Congress
- International Youth Exchange
- American Spirit East Program
- Western Spirit Experience
- State Teams (i.e. Art Team, Drama Company)